Act on insights closer to where data is created
Edge computing with 5G creates tremendous opportunities in every industry. It brings computation and data storage closer to where data is generated, enabling better data control, reduced costs, faster insights and actions, and continuous operations.
What are the key capabilities of Edge computing?
Manage the distribution of software at massive scale
Reduce unnecessary administrators, save the associated costs and deploy software where and when it’s needed.
Leverage open source technology
Leverage an edge computing solution that nurtures the ability to innovate and can handle the diversity of equipment and devices in today’s marketplace.
Address security concerns
Know that the right workloads are on the right machine at the right time. Make sure there’s an easy way to govern and enforce the policies of your enterprise.
Engage a trusted partner with deep industry expertise
Find a partner with a proven multi-cloud platform and a comprehensive portfolio of services designed to increase scalability and accelerate performance.
In which areas Edge computing can improve your processes?
- Edge computing is a distributed computing framework that brings enterprise applications closer to data sources such as IoT devices or local edge servers. This proximity to data at its source can deliver strong business benefits, including faster insights, improved response times and better bandwidth availability.
- The explosive growth and increasing computing power of IoT devices has resulted in unprecedented volumes of data. And data volumes will continue to grow as 5G networks increase the number of connected mobile devices.
- In the past, the promise of cloud and AI was to automate and speed innovation by driving actionable insight from data. But the unprecedented scale and complexity of data that’s created by connected devices has outpaced network and infrastructure capabilities.
- Sending all that device-generated data to a centralized data center or to the cloud causes bandwidth and latency issues. Edge computing offers a more efficient alternative; data is processed and analyzed closer to the point where it’s created. Because data does not traverse over a network to a cloud or data center to be processed, latency is significantly reduced. Edge computing — and mobile edge computing on 5G networks — enables faster and more comprehensive data analysis, creating the opportunity for deeper insights, faster response times and improved customer experiences.
- No matter which variety of edge computing interests you — cloud edge, IoT edge or mobile edge — be sure that you find a solution that can help you accomplish the following goals.